We are always looking for creative and energetic people to join our team of talented professionals.
Project Accountant Position Available
Dixon Studios is a design fabrication and installation company that specializes in natural history exhibits for museums, zoos, aquariums and visitors’ centers. We have been in business since 1993. We operate out of a 17,000 sq ft facility in Tucson, AZ. This is a complete manufacturing facility including administrative offices. The offices house a full staff of Project Managers, Estimators, Project Engineers, and Administrative support team. We are currently looking for an experienced Project Accountant to join our team!
- Assist project teams with estimate / bids general conditions item pricing research.
- Manage / Prepare AIA invoices, payments, and compliance for all projects. Input owner billings in Textura and/or other portals.
- Have an understanding of compliance requirements for assigned projects multi states.
- Job cost report updating and modification.
- Coordinate travel/housing for employees to jobsites – Per Diem
- Process all AP vendor invoices accurately and within assigned timeline.
- Process sub-contractor payments accurately and within assigned timeline.
- Collect and track compliance documents.
- Generate reports including Payroll, A/R, Contract Status, and Job Cost.
- Weekly Credit Card & Debit Card reconciliations of receipts from Jobsites
- Bi-Weekly Payroll processing and weekly timecard entry and review of MES entries to Epicor for multi states
- Prevailing wage and union experience required.
- Process QRTLY tax reporting & tracking
- Other related duties as assigned or needed.
- HR New hire paperwork in Paylocity
- Assist controller with journal entries and month end close.
- Generate reports including Payroll, Contract Status, and Job Cost.
Qualifications and Experience
- Accounting degree or equivalent years of experience
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including advanced financial modeling and analytical techniques.
- Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts
- Extensive ERP hands-on experience; EPICOR a plus
- Excellent analytical skills with strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with all departments.
- Experience working with taxes in multiple states.
- Previous work with project-based accounting in a fabrication environment
- Experience submitting invoices on Owner applications; Textura, IPP Collector a plus
How to Apply If interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Join, Learn, and Have Fun! Dixon Studios provides a competitive benefits package and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. Benefits include generous medical, dental, and retirement options, and paid holidays. Dixon Studios is an equal opportunity employer, and we will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 520-628-3699.
If you would like to leave your resume and portfolio on file please email them to email@example.com. Thank you.